Navratri 2020 is here and you want to make the best of it, right?
Even though you are stuck at home due to the on-going pandemic, it doesn’t mean you can’t glam up. So, let me tell you the ultimate beauty routine for this Navratri.
I know that you already know how to look great, but just note down these skincare tips and tricks so you can get glowing skin. Moreover, I will also focus on the hair because yes, you do need that festive hair going!
So, let’s get started with the Navratri skincare routine!
1. Get a good sleep
I understand that Navratri 2020 is going to be very exciting. It’s a new experience for all of us. But don’t skip your sleep at night. Ensure that you are getting 8 hours of complete deep sleep.
If you are planning to skip your sleeping, your skin will look dull. Not only your skin but your eyes will look tired. So, before the Navratri starts, you must get good sleep at night.
I understand that there is a lot of work left, but you also need your ‘me time’, right?
Never compromise your ‘me time’.
You don’t only need that for healthy skin but also for a healthy mind.
2. Let’s focus on the skin
After waking up in the morning, you should work on your skin. I will list down the step-by-step guide, so you can prepare well.
Before you put your makeup on just take a few minutes for your skin. This will give your skin that long-lasting radiance!
I say you try this Navratri skincare ritual for the complete 9 days. It will make your skin look great every day.
Tone your skin for rejuvenation
Toning the skin is essential. After you have done washing your face in the morning, get some rosewater. Pour a tiny bit of rosewater into a bowl and place a few cotton pads in it.
If you don’t have that, simply use some clean cotton balls. Ensure that they are clean. Let them soak up all the rosewater whilst you read your favorite book!
After a while, you take those cotton pads from the bowl and apply it to your skin. Wipe complete face with the soaked cotton pads! Use upwards movements so that the strokes end at your temple region.
Don’t be harsh with the cotton pads.
Apply them gently.
Ensure your skin is getting all the rosewater.
Do this for a few minutes and then lightly pat it. Once done, just wipe it dry with a soft napkin.
Scrub your skin to get rid of dead cells
You need to get rid of those dead skin cells that accumulated on your beautiful skin at night.
So, get some scrubs.
If you do not have commercial skin scrubs, just go for a homemade scrub.
Do you know that your skin looks a bit dark because of the dead skin cells?
So it is not only for this Navratri 2020, but you should follow scrubbing routine daily.
I prefer the walnut scrub. The little beads in it work wonders on my skin. So, if you have one, it’s great. Just apply it and get rid of all those dead skin cells.
If you do not have this, you can make your own home made scrub.
Let me tell you how you can prepare the best homemade scrub for this Navratri!
- Step 1: Ground some almonds and mix it with a little bit of yogurt.
- Step 2: Add some orange and lime peel it in. You can also add a few mint leaves. If you have powdered mint leaves at home, then add that instead.
- Step 3: Mix them all and let the mix rest for a few seconds.
- Step 4: Apply this homemade scrub all over your face and rub gently. Rub in a circular motion. The peels and the ground almond pieces will remove all the dead skin cells from your face.
- Step 5: Wash it off and pat dry with a soft towel!
Apply a Mask for the ultimate glow up
When you are doing a skincare routine for Navratri, you can’t skip the face mask. So, ensure that you have a proper face mask beforehand.
The facemask will make your skin soft and give that radiance you want.
There are several facemasks available in the market. You can go for the Nykaa brand face masks. I find them good. But it is up to you.
If you don’t like to use commercial facemask, then you can go for the homemade once.
So, let me tell you how you can prepare you own homemade face mask.
The Honey Face mask
This face mask is great for the beauties who have dark spots and scar marks on their face. I chose this face mask for y’all because this is quite easy to prepare. And I think, everyone will have all the ingredients at home.
- Step 1: Take 2 teaspoons of raw honey. Please make sure you are not using commercial honey brands. They have harmful additives in them that can cause side-effects. Take raw and pure honey. And then you need a half teaspoon of lime juice.
- Step 2: Mix these two ingredients together.
- Step 3: Apply the concoction on your face and let it rest for about half an hour.
- Step 4: Wash your face and then pat dry with a soft towel.
Don’t have all the ingredients? Don’t worry, check out this next homemade face mask.
The Tomato and Cucumber Face Mask
Now don’t say that you don’t have these veggies in your fridge. I know y’all have these.
So, let’s get started.
- Step 1: You need half of a ripe tomato and 1/4 of a cucumber. These two ingredients work as natural astringents. It’s good for tightening your pores. Moreover, the Tomato will rejuvenate your skin.
- Step 2: Take both tomato and cucumber and wash them well. As these veggies have a layer of pesticides on them so ensure that you wash them properly.
- Step 3: Peel and then put these in a blender. Make a pulpy paste.
- Step 4: Take out the mixture into a bowl and then apply it on your skin gently. Apply it in a circular motion.
- Step 5: Let the paste rest on your skin for about 15 minutes. You can keep longer if you want.
- Step 6: Wash it off properly and pat dry with a towel.
Read More: Short Guide: Ayurveda Skincare Routine
3. Now let’s do something for your beautiful Hair
Having dull hair on the Navratri day is a complete no-no! You need your hair to look lively and shiny. So, you need to do some special hair care routine for this Navratri 2020.
If you have a dull hair ensure that you are applying a good conditioner after shampooing your hair.
But before you do all that go for a Hair mask.
How to prepare a hair mask for your hair?
I will tell you about two awesome Hair masks that actually work! So, let’s get started.
Egg white and lime juice hair mask
If you have greasy hair which most of us have, then this hair mask is the best for you.
Yes, I know your hair is going to smell a bit eggy, but I assure you that the ultimate result will surely impress you.
Avoid it if you don’t like eggy smell.
For this, you want only the egg whites. So separate the egg whites. These egg whites have the protein which helps in getting rid of the excess oil from your hair. The oil in your hair is the real culprit for the greasiness.
Then you need the lime or lemon juice. Use whatever you have at home. This is mainly for reducing the smell due to the egg. Use the juice of half a lemon or lime.
Mix these two well and apply the paste from roots to the tips of your hair. And leave the paste as it is for about 30 minutes to an hour.
The longer you can let it rest, the better.
Once you are done with it, just wash your hair with lukewarm water. Remember LUKEWARM, NOT HOT!
How much quantity of egg whites you need for your hair?
Well, that depends upon your hair length!
Sugar, Coconut oil and Essential oils Hair mask
Do you have flakes problem?
Then use this special hair mask. I assure you, it will work wonders. But you need to keep patience.
This hair mask is for people with dry scalp problem.
So, now let me tell you how to prepare this.
First, wash your hair properly with shampoo. And keep the hair wet. You need the hair wet for this hair mask.
- Step 1: You will need a small bowl. Add in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, 2 drops of tea tree oil, and 4 teaspoons of sugar. Try to use powdered sugar. Mix all these ingredients properly in the bowl till you get a paste.
- Step 2: Apply this paste on your hair. You may use a comb for this or else use your fingers. Ensure that you apply the hair mask from the scalp to the tip. The more evenly you apply on your scalp the better.
- Step 3: Gently massage your head with the paste for about 1-3 minutes. And then clip up your hair and let it rest!
- Step 4: Wash the paste off with cold water.
Thinking about Hairstyles?
Well, it will depend completely on the kind of outfit you are choosing for this Navratri.
You can check out Instagram and Pinterest for some inspiration.
Or you can take a look at my friend’s @miss.makeup.rashmi Instagram profile for some ideas.
4. Mani-Pedi routine for your hands and feet
Most of us forget to give some special beauty treatment to our Hands and Feet. But they also need care.
So, try to take some time out for a manicure and pedicure!
Try to get this done before the Navratri 2020 starts.
Don’t have enough time to go through the whole process?
Simply make a mixture of Sugar and Lime juice and massage your hands and feet with it.
Navratri means a lot of walking, sometimes dancing and running but most of the time standing. So, make sure that your feet are getting enough rest for this Navratri.
Even if you are mostly at home ensure that your feet are getting the care they need.
Give your feet a rejuvenating foot bath. It will not only relieve your aching feet but you will feel relaxed as well.
Here is the step-by-step guide for your special foot bath:
- Step 1: Take a tub huge enough for your feet. Fill it with some hot water. Ensure that you are comfortable with the temperature of the water before putting your feet in. If you have marbles, add them in as well. These marbles will massage your feet while you rub your feet on them.
- Step 2: Add 1/2 of baking soda, 1/2 of Epson salt, 5 drops of lavender oil, or any essential oil you have in the tub’s water. You may use tea tree oil as well. Let all these ingredients mix well in the water.
- Step 3: Sit comfortably and place your feet in the tub and relax.
You will see all your tiredness fading away like magic. Do this every day after you get into your comfy clothes before bed. Daily massage on your feet is also good for your overall health.
That’s all for my guide on the beauty routine.
But the most important thing is you clean your makeup before going to bed. Don’t go to bed with your makeup on. This damages your skin massively. You may not see it but yes, it impacts your skin. So, no matter how tired you remove the makeup with a scrub and water properly. Even try to remove the eye-makeup.
I hope you find this article informative. Feel free to share your views down in the comment box and keep sharing! Happy Navratri to you all.