We all dream of having the perfect glowing healthy skin, right? But in these times it seems next to impossible! The pollution, humidity and our diet are the culprits behind our dull skin. But, with a little tweak in our diet, we can get back the healthy skin. Yes, you just need the right fruits for healthy skin in your diet.
Do you want to learn about them?
Then you are in the right place. I will tell you about all the fruits for healthy skin. Why use costly cosmetics, when with a little change in your diet, you can get the best skin and hair.
Yes, you can get amazing skin and hair with the right food.
You simply need to know when and how much to consume. And you will get all that right here. So, please read on!
Cucumbers are some of the best hydrating fruits for healthy skin and hair. There is no doubt about that! But is it a fruit? Well, yes, technically it is a fruit!
And you should eat it.
Cucumbers consist of water which has a cooling effect on our body. So, never forget to eat cucumber especially during the summers! Moreover, this special fruit for healthy skin also has antioxidants. So, yes, you are getting two benefits from this one single fruit!
But wait, there is more!
Do you know even the peel of a cucumber is healthy for your skin?
Yes, the peels consist of Vitamin K and Vitamin C. And these two Vitamins will help you achieve that shiny and glowing skin you always dream of. Also, it can help in reducing your acne.
Suffering from dry skin issues?
Use cucumber juice, milk and coconut oil together to make a paste. Apply the concoction on your face and rinse off after 10 minutes! Do this for a few days and you will start seeing positive results.
Moreover, several studies have proved that cucumbers can also help in skin whitening and reduce the fine lines. So, if you can buy them, sure do!
So, how to use the Cucumbers for healthy skin?
- Use cucumbers in your salads and sandwiches as much as possible.
- Consume it raw with some sprinkled salt and pepper. It tastes delicious!
- Drink the Cucumber juice right in the morning for extra benefits.
Now, who doesn’t like bananas? They are tasty, easy to eat and not messy! This delicious fruit for healthy skin has tons of antioxidant and antimicrobial properties.
Moreover, they are also great for hydrating your skin. Additionally, they are also packed with Vitamin A, C, K, E, various minerals and folates which is good for healthy skin and hair.
Not only for healthy skin and hair, but this special fruit is good for your overall health as well. It consists of dietary fibre which helps in digestion! And if you are having troubles with dry skin, then you should definitely eat bananas as they act as moisturizing agents.
How to use bananas for healthy skin and hair?
- Obviously, eat it at any time of the day! Just don’t have it along with milk.
- You can make smoothies out of banana and other fruits which are extremely healthy for your skin.
- Love desserts? Well, you can use bananas in several dessert recipes. So, yes, add them to your desserts too!
Yes, it is a fruit!
And a fruit that is healthy for your skin. It comes with Lycopene.
Now, what does Lycopene do?
It protects your skin from harmful rays of the sun. But too much of it can cause redness of your skin. So, ensure that you are using the tomatoes in right quantity!
This amazing fruit for healthy skin also comes with powerful antioxidants which protects your skin from premature aging! Most women’s skin start aging from the age of 20. But if you use tomatoes, it can help you look young for longer years.
The tomatoes also consist of natural acids which regulate the sebum production in your skin. In simple words, it is good for the oily skinned beauties.
How to use tomatoes for healthy skin?
- Eat washed and freshly cut tomatoes in the morning.
- You can use the juice of tomatoes in smoothies and even in your curries.
- Prepare face masks out of tomatoes for your skin.
- Use it with turmeric and make a paste for skin lightening effects
That one fruit which all of us wait for every summer!
Mangoes are not only yummy but are great for your skin.
They consist of Vitamin A, C and E and help in wound-healing. At the same time, these vitamins also aid in curing fine lines and acne spots on our face.
They are also great for reducing acne symptoms. So, yes, if your skin is prone to acnes, have lots of mangoes. They contain anti-inflammatory properties which make this possible.
So, yes, if you are looking forward to a rejuvenated and glowing summer skin, eat lots and lots of mangoes!
How to use Mangoes for your skin?
- Have washed and freshly cut mangoes every day during the summers.
- Add them to your smoothies.
- Prepare face mask out of mango, rosewater and lime for your skin. This helps in reducing oiliness!
- And if you need some hydration for the skin, make a paste of mango, yoghurt and honey! Apply on the skin and wash off after 10 minutes. This will give your skin a glow.
How can I forget papaya in my list of fruits for healthy skin?
Papayas are a great moisturizing agent for our skin. They can keep our skin hydrated for long-long hours. Especially people living in India should use papaya for their skin!
This magical fruit is rich in Vitamin A, B and C. So, yes they work well not only for our skin but for our overall body. It also helps in maintaining a good digestive system.
Do you suffer from constipation issues? Well, the papaya can prevent that as well.
If you have spots and blackheads on your skin, papaya can even help you in clearing your skin. It also helps in wound healing! So, ensure you are using papaya in your skincare regime.
How to use papaya for healthy skin?
- Like the other fruits for healthy skin, you should consume this fruit raw in the breakfast. Dice it up for easier consumption. Ensure you are eating the ripe one.
- Papayas also make great curries. You will find several recipes online!
- Again, you can make a great smoothie of papaya. Add some more fruits for taste and extra benefits.
- Make a face mask of papaya paste and apply on the skin. It will help in smoothening of the skin.
- If you use papaya paste with turmeric and lemon juice, it will help in the reduction of pigmentation of the skin. Apply it directly on the affected areas for better results.
Read More: Short Guide: Ayurveda Skincare Routine
It is essential that you know which fruit is suitable for you. Many people have allergies from certain fruits. So, if you are allergic to any of the fruits mentioned above, avoid them. Otherwise, all these fruits are a thumbs up from my side. They are not only excellent for a healthy skin but will also improve your digestive system. So, make sure you are consuming these fruits regularly but don’t eat in excess.
Moreover, to see positive results from these fruits it will take some time. So, please be patient and keep on using them. When you are preparing facemasks of the above mentioned fruits ensure that you are massaging your face properly. Massaging helps in better blood circulation which helps in a healthier skin. So, try them out and let me know what you think of them!